Chocolate Chip Cookies: Preheat oven to 190 degrees C with rack in centre of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter until smooth and creamy. Add the white, vanilla and brown sugars and beat until fluffy (about 2 minutes). Beat in eggs, one at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat until incorporated, adding the chocolate chips and nuts (if using) about half way through mixing. If you find the dough very soft, cover and refrigerate until firm (from 30 minutes to two hours).
For large cookies, use about a 2 tablespoon ice cream scoop or with two spoons, drop about 2 tablespoons of dough (35 grams) onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake about 10 - 14 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Cool completely on wire rack.
Makes about 4 dozen - 3 inch round cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies (about 50 cookies)
1. Preheat the oven (190 degrees C)
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Beat the butter in a bowl until it is smooth and creamy.
4. Add white sugar, vanilla sugar and brown sugar and beat until it is fluffy (2 minutes).
5. Add eggs one at a time. Beat well.
6. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
7. Add the mixture of flour, baking soda and salt into the egg mixture.
8. Add the chocolate chips (and nuts). If the dough is very soft,
put it in the fridge (30 minutes - 2 hours).
9. Drop about 2 tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet.
10. Bake 10 - 14 minutes.
11. The cookies are golden brown when they are ready.
13. Cool the cookies before eating .