Click on the pins to get more information.
Etelä-Kymenlaakson ammattiopisto (Etelä-Kymenlaakso Vocational College) has over 3000 students and provides initial vocational training, further training and apprenticeship training in over 30 different fields. The language of education and training is Finnish. The number of staff is approximately 400. Etelä-Kymenlaakson ammattiopisto (Ekami) emphasizes customer-oriented educational services in order to offer acquirements for working life and further vocational education. We value quality, up-to-date methods and invest strongly on personalization of the studies. Ekami is a prominent education provider of L2-trainings in the area. The college has also a long experience of national and transnational projects.
Contact person : Tiinamari Vilkko [tiinamari.vilkko at ekami.fi]
Newham College of Further Education (NCFE) situated in the London Borough of Newham in East London is one of the largest further education colleges nationally. Newham is an area of extreme and multiple deprivations with unemployment double the national average. Newham has the youngest population of any borough in London. Child poverty, including the risk to health, is the second worst in England. NCFE has been awarded outstanding status from the Ofsted inspection in 2009. It provides a wide range of vocational and academic programmes. 59% of the 16,000 learners of NCFE are women and 70% of all learners are from minority ethnic groups. The college’s mission is ‘to expand and improve lifelong learning’ and its aim is to achieve this through an open access provision, relevant to the diverse range of needs in its communities, and regardless of prior attainment. The college has a long experience of transnational projects through small and large scale cooperation; either as a coordinator.
Contact person: Naomi Bulliard [naomi.bulliard at newham.ac.uk]
East Ham Campus, High Street South
E6 6ER London
The Department has about 50 persons employed (teachers, guidance counsellors, administrative staff). About 4000 students make use of the different facilities each year. The main areas of activities, expertise and competence are:
- Tuition in Swedish for Immigrants, the purpose of the scheme is to provide learners with basic Swedish language skills. It also aims to give adult immigrants who cannot read or write the chance to acquire these skills.
- study/vocational guidance for all adult citizens of the municipality
- individual vocational training programmes, carried out by private providers and the municipal adult upper secondary schools; the courses are tailor made adapted to individual needs.
- distance learning in a setting with study stations, computers, quiet study stations and group rooms. The learning schemes can be at basic, upper-secondary or tertiary level. The Department works closely with the Public Employment Service and the social security department.
Contact person: Preben Bruzelius [preben.bruzelius at kristianstad.se]
Kristianstads kommun, Arbete och välfärdsförvaltningen, Utbildning och vägledning
291 80 Kristianstad
The BBAG aims to encourage tolerance and understanding among people of different nations. The BBAG is a non-governmental organisation, independent of political parties and embraces all beliefs based on democratic values. The BBAG represents a unique diversity of internationally oriented cultural activities combing of political education, further education and consultation in the region Berlin and Brandenburg:
- information and knowledge of other countries, courses in foreign languages
- international cooperation, international development cooperation
- projects for social and professional integration of migrants
- educational travels and youth exchanges.
BBAG is running two intercultural centers in Potsdam and Brandenburg (staff: 17). It has a substantial experience in the field of organizing European projects in relation to the promotion of integration of immigrants in German society. It has also promoted various national projects for the promotion of the integration of immigrants.
Contact person: Kilian Kindelberger [kindelberger at bbag-ev.de]
The Greta du Velay is a public training organisation gathering 21 educational institutions under the wing of the Ministry of Education. Certified ISO 9001, it exists since 1975. Half of the activity is supporting disadvantaged groups towards social and professional inclusion (migrants, unemployed, disabled persons, women returners). The other half consists in supporting small and medium organizations in their learning processes. It works on the detection of training needs, delivery of training, evaluation and follow up. It provides courses in various areas: hospitality, care, languages, French as a foreign language... It works for the participation of migrants to the French society and on multiculturality. It produces reference and training material for the vocational integration of migrants like Citim. It organizes conferences: "Intercultural dialogue", "Migrants and IT", produces videos and debates: "From management to migration". It has created its own intercultural e-portfolio. It employs 4 training advisers and 40 trainers.
Contact person: Pierre Carrolaggi [pl.carrolaggi at velay.greta.fr]
2 rue du docteur Durand - BP 40120
43003 Le Puy-en-Velay Cedex
Achaia Adult Education Institute is a non Governmental, non profit Organization, founded in 2004 in Patras. Our aims:
- To work in the field of Education, providing courses of Greek language to migrants.
- To increase the Adult Learners capacity to play an active role in the society and develop their intercultural awareness.
- To promote the European dimension of life long learning through transnational cooperation.
Our target groups are local community groups, ethnic minorities. Main activities: organizing and offering education packages for learning the Greek language as second free in cooperation with the Municipality to social excluded society groups:
- Immigrants from Albanian, Kurdistan, Bulgaria, Palestinian, 2006-2007
- foreign university students from India, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Nigeria , 2008-2009
- to Rumanian immigrants piloting and applying courses of the Greek language via mobile phones (m-learning).
You can also access the Facebook page of the Institute.
Contact person: Kyriaki Vamvaka-Christodoulopoulou [vamvaka at sch.gr]
Voreiou Ipeirou 58